Friday, February 25, 2011

My Personal Reading History

These are my top 6 favourite books/series:
  • Clifford the Big Red Dog:
- Read when I was about 5 year old
- One of my favourite books as a child
- Always wanted a big red dog after reading these books :)






  • Roald Dahl Books:
- Read Roald Dahl books all through primary school and absolutely loved them :)
- I particularly enjoyed 'Matilda', 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' and 'The Witches'. 



  • Green Eggs and Ham:
- I liked Green Eggs and Ham as a kid because it was easy to read and I liked the illustrations and use of colour.
- I have heaps of Dr Seuss books, which helped me learn to read when I was younger.
- I liked the language of the book (rhyming words)


  • Harry Potter:
- I loved the idea of living in a magical world :)
- Wish I could go to Hogwarts
- Went through a stage where I couldn't stop reading them
- The movies aren't as good as the books, but I like the first few movies the best :)


  •  A Series of Unfortunate events: 
- Used to read this series at the beginning of highschool
- I liked the situations the Baudelaire children would be put in
- I never finished the series because I found it too depressing after the 6th book , but one day I hope to finish it :)

  •  Vampire Academy Series:
- I recently finished reading this series
- I like the plot of the series because it was surprising and unpredictable
- At the end of each book you would constantly be guessing of what would happen in the next book, as it always ended in a cliffhanger
- It wasn'tjust the idea of the vampire world I liked, it was the relationships within the book and the storyline that got me hooked :)



No comments:

Post a Comment